Len had his appointment for the results of his 2nd biopsy. NO CANCER. It is an"oily mole", whatever that is!
So, we were set to retire next week. Because of earlier reports, we canceled retirement, campsites, NOMADS projects, etc. There must be a reason for all this.
When we look at it financially it makes sense to wait until January. My company gives a 3% profit sharing contribution but I must work last week of the year. I will. In next three months Len accrues 30 hours sick pay, 30 hours vacation and on 1/1/10 gets 3 personal days. He met with Personnel at the prison. If he works only until around January 5, he will get paid rest of the month giving him health benefits month of February. So it will be March before we need to start my Medicare supplement and get him his own policy.
The wait will give us more time to get to know Abigail and time to spend with our beloved Charlotte.
We will be back in this area in June. He must see cardiologist and dermatologist and I must see thyroid doctor around that time. We have a Montana Owners Club Rally in Pittsburgh in June so will then head this way for a length of time. Looks like we will be in this area at least every 6 months for various doctor appointments.
It will all work out. But just wait - there will be a major snow storm in the Northeast in the beginning of January giving us one more delay!!!
Back at Chewacla
1 day ago