January 20 to February 14, 2014 NOMADS Project, Mercedes, MS

February 15 (Approximately) to June - Gate Guarding, TX or LA.

June, 2014 - Up to Alaska!

September - NOMADS Annual Meeting, Branson, MO



Thursday, August 26, 2010

Today is THE day.

VINELAND, NJ

Well, we are excited!     The repair work is done and we go this afternoon up to Lakewood to pick up our home.  Okay so they said it would take 2 to 3 weeks for the parts to arrive and about a week and a half to do the repairs.  Okay so we took it to them 3 months and 2 days ago for them to determine what needed to be done and what to order.   By my calculation we are two full months over their projection.   Will we ever use this dealer again?  A resounding no.

Dinner with friends
Last night we were treated to dinner at our friends house, Tom and Carol Asselta.   They have a lovely in ground pool and it would have been nice to have put it to use.  However, our weather here has changed a bit and was just a little too cool for me.  Nevertheless, we appreciate their friendship along with our other friends who joined us.
  Leonard is working until one today.  Then he will pick me up and we take the 92 mile drive to Lakewood.  PLEASE - let everything be in order.   After getting our home set back up in my daughters driveway, where we will stay for the next two weeks, we will come back to the motel for Lucky the Cat and our belongings.

Tomorrow is Len's last day of work.  We are so thankful to our friend Scott (sitting next to Leonard on his right in the above picture) who is the HR Manager of Seabrook Bros and Sons for thinking of us when they were in need of a temporary truck driver.   Worked out perfectly - their driver went out on temporary disability the week after we came back to NJ.  He will be released to return to work next week.  We had decided Len would work until either the driver came back to work or the rig was done!  Both happened the same time.  PERFECT!

I want to recognize newer followers to my blog - Nancy Bank and Laurel King.  Also, I am not sure if I thanked Kenny and Angela for stopping by to follow.  If I did before, just consider my age and loss of brain cells.  If I didn't - welcome.

4 comments:

Sam&Donna Weibel said...

What greta news, on your rig, I know you will look it over closely before leaving the dealer in Lakewood. Now you can resume your travales, we can't wait to get the hosue sold and hit the road also, let us know if you are ever traveling over I-70 through Eastern Mo.We'd love to have you stop for a visit and if its before Nov 1st Sam can get you a spot at the Lake campground where we have property. Be safe out here. Sam & Donna.

Jessica Riker said...

That is so awesome!!! I will be looking forward to hearing how you found it - hopefully everything is in tip-top shape. :)

Happytrails said...

Glad you are about to get your rig back. I agree with Sam, look it over real good. Seems like the part-time work while you waited worked out great timing wise.
Take care and be safe.
Mike & Gerri

Margie M. said...

Phyllis, this is really good news. I'll keep you in my thoughts as you head on out to pick up your repaired home. Good luck!