January 20 to February 14, 2014 NOMADS Project, Mercedes, MS

February 15 (Approximately) to June - Gate Guarding, TX or LA.

June, 2014 - Up to Alaska!

September - NOMADS Annual Meeting, Branson, MO

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Short update

Bridgeton, NJ

Gonna make this short, well as short as I can with a long story.   We are exhausted and stressed.

Left Maryland this morning at 7 with the granddaughters with us.   Stopped at our favorite C -Store WaWa for coffee and breakfast for the 4 of us.    Got to daughter Terri's house a little after 9.   Needing a haircut, I called my friend here who cuts our hair.  No answer.  Will take care of that tomorrow as she returned my call a short time later.

We left house at 10:20 and drove 30+ miles to the water testing company.   This time everything passed.  We drove 35 miles to the County Health Department for the certificate.   They refused.  They wanted the original papers from last week when the test failed.    I called Terri who had the papers with her at work in Philadelphia, 50 miles away.   So Len called the water company and they would make new "originals".  So 35 miles back to water test company and back to health department.   Health department said papers would be ready at 3:30, to come back AGAIN!

By this time it was 1:15.  We were to meet Mortgage Broker at the house at 1:30.  Needed the transfer of deed signed and notarized.   Got to the house 1:35.    Len had appointment to see doctor at 2:15 to get his blood pressure meds renewed.   By this time his blood pressure must have been through the roof.

I left him at house with girls and the broker and I rushed 3 miles to my old company.  My old boss there is a notary.  Got papers signed and notarized and came back to the house.  Len had left for doctors as Terri had gotten home and was with the girls.  

Len stayted at doctors office until one hour after his appointment, got disgusted and told them he had to leave.   Made appointment for tomorrow morning.   Just as well, by this time his pressure must have been boiling.   He went to the Health Department and got the certificate. 

Now tomorrow morning we have to take all paperwork to our Municipal building to get the CO.   Settlement is tomorrow afternoon.  We don't need to go, just Terri.   Broker took our voided check to deposit funds into our account.   So this is really our last night in OUR house.   Tomorrow it is all Terri's.

Girls in bed, Len is taking a shower.   I'm next in line. 

And another thanks to Donna and Sam.  They have taken a lot of stress from us by giving us a place to park the rig and taking such good care of Lucky.


Happytrails said...

Wow! What a day you guys had! Hang in there cause its almost over!

Peggy n David said...

Oh Phyllis - I can so relate! Stress is the thing that makes us the tiredest...sending vibes for tomorrow to be better!

Rick and Paulette said...

Yikes! That is one stressful, busy day. Hope everything goes as planned tomorrow.

JOJO said...

Hope all goes well tomorrow. Good luck.

Sam&Donna Weibel said...

Glad to hear all is finally going well, one more day for you, Don't worry Lucky and the rig are just fine. Have a great time with the family. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna..

Laurie and George said...

One more day!! By this time tomorrow it will all be a memory.

George said...

Sure was easier years ago to sell a house.Too many hoops to jump through any more.Congrats on getting it settled.We will be receiving balloon payment on our home in 3 weeks and will finally have that out of our hair.