I am sitting here at the hospital while Len finally getS some sleep. He's been On blood thinners since Saturday but the counts keep moving up and down. Meaning blood is TOO think, blood is TOO thin. They need to stabilize before he is released. In addition, he now has a gout flare up on the left foot. It kept him awake most of the night. This is the leg with the blood clot. On a good note the swelling caused by the clot has gone down considerably.
All my life I have been frugal with money. I've never paid a bill late and would do without before my creditors would wait. I've never been a person to be careless with how I've spent.
We knew we were taking a chance having no medical insurance on Leonard. We were on the road three months before he was denied the insurance. We attempted three times to get him covered. We considered going off the road and hoping he could be rehired with his old job at New Jersey Department of Corrections. But decided to plow ahead.
Now faced with this situation - did we make the right choice? At one time I would have worried myself to death about the huge bill we will be presented with. Not now. We will pay what we can and continue to enjoy our time together. I am putting my faith in God and I feel strangely at peace.
In fact, it is almost a relief now that this has actually happened. (not saying I am glad it did) What I am saying is I don't have to worry anymore about it happening. It has. Does that make sense?
Having worked for 30 plus years in Human Resources and knowing how insurance works, I have the power of knowledge. I know that insurance companies get HUGE discounts. I will fight to get everything discount that we can. I will insist on an itemized bill. We will pay as best we can and continue to travel. We have a lot yet to see!
So, now our focus is on getting him stabilized so we can get on with our lives. Gate Guards have sent a replacement man to guard while Len is in hospital. Means we are off the payroll but that's okay - we are not paying for a campground and using their generator and fuel. Once Len gets released we will be back to work.
There is a crew working there now that only works during the day running lines. (whatever that means). They should be done by Friday. The fracking crew does not come until around the 16th. However, we are still scheduled to be there and will get paid even though there will be none or very little traffic coming in or out. Sounds like a nice restful time.
Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers and phone calls. You people are the greatest!
8 hours ago