January 20 to February 14, 2014 NOMADS Project, Mercedes, MS

February 15 (Approximately) to June - Gate Guarding, TX or LA.

June, 2014 - Up to Alaska!

September - NOMADS Annual Meeting, Branson, MO



Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I am so ready

Only 26 days and we are off to our great adventure. I am so ready. Having retired at the end of September, I AM BORED!!! It does not help that we sold my car (thankfully) and unless I want to get up in the cold and drop Len at work at 6:00 am, I am stuck here all day.

Our truck is STILL in the shop. They told Leonard that the engine would be completed yesterday and they will remove the dashboard to install the heater core today. They say we MIGHT get it back tomorrow. I sure hope so.

We have a little bit of Christmas shopping to do. We give gift cards to all the grandchildren in Alabama, Louisiana and Texas. Grandson in Philadelphia gets cash as he is 22. The only grandkiddies we will actually buy a gift for are Charlotte and Abby. Amy tells me Charlotte wants a bean bag chair. Easy enough. As far as 6 month-old Abby, I just don't know.

We have made doctor appointments to get copies of our records. We also want to make sure our prescriptions are the WalMart $4.00 brand. Len takes blood pressure meds, I take med for thyroid. We both now take cholesterol meds. Also, Len is to take a fish oil supplement and I take Calcium and Vitamin D. Oh dear, do all these medicines come with old age???

On Sunday our friends Tom and Clare Ayers invited us and our mutual friends Bob and Marie Price to dinner at their house. The house looked so festive. We cherish this time with friends whom we will not see again for several months. I do have to remember to take my camera for just such an occasion.

1 comment:

Margie M. said...

Only 26 days....hooray for you! Sounds like you are both raring to go. Can't wait to read about your adventures.