January 20 to February 14, 2014 NOMADS Project, Mercedes, MS

February 15 (Approximately) to June - Gate Guarding, TX or LA.

June, 2014 - Up to Alaska!

September - NOMADS Annual Meeting, Branson, MO



Sunday, November 28, 2010

Food, Family and Ford

Cullman, AL

Food:     On Thanksgiving we had dinner at Len's son's house.  Lennie made the traditional Cajun dirty rice, cornbread dressing and pecan pie.  He and wife Tammy also served turkey, a great macaroni and cheese, sweet potato casserole, Mississippi mud pie and a green salad.  I contributed cole slaw and green beans.  Len made banana pudding.


Family:  This is Leonard Jr. with wife Tammy and daughters Morgan and Maddie.   The young man is Morgan's boyfriend Joshua.


Ford:    As we are waiting for repairs on our truck at the local Ford dealer, they gave us a loaner.  On the previous post I referred to it as a Fairlane.  OOPS - What do I know!  She is a Crown Victoria.   They call it their Blue Beauty.



And another F - Flu -   My computer caught a "virus" two days ago.  I could do close to nothing on it.  I asked the campground owners here to direct me to a computer repair person.   I took it in for repair yesterday and he removed the many viruses.   We are now good to go.

So in the last week we have had a Failure on our truck and back in the shop it is.  Then a Failure on the computer.    Lastly yesterday I knelt on the sofa to open our blinds.  I felt my left knee twist.   It is swollen and sore.  I am having some difficulty navigating steps.   Otherwise I am Feeling Fine.

Geesh!  

4 comments:

Rick said...

Your Thanksgiving Dinner menu sounded fantastic - especially that cajun food. Looks like you're driving a police are now!

I've been using Microsoft Security Essentials for virus protection on our home computers for a couple of years now with great success - haven't caught a virus yet!

It's free too, here's the link:

Microsoft Security Essentials

Sam&Donna Weibel said...

You were almost right Roadside America was in Shartlesville PA on rt 322 near the Hershey-Harrisburg area. The family that owned and operated it was named Geringer,haven't been there in years, it was unusual in that they used regular Lionel O gauge three rail trains and had a shop to rebuild them about every 200 hours of operation, some of those Lionels are from right after WW2 and are still going.I hope it is still in operation. As many families would make it a vacation stop.My Grand parents would take us to the Amish Restaurant and I remember the long tables and never ending plates of food being passed around just as they do at the Amish Homes here in the Midwest, There desserts were world Famous. Thank's for the Memories, also of the Mummer's Parades also. Be Safe out there. Sam & Donna.

owensontheroad said...

Hey, put a cherry on top, and you can pull over anyone! Nice food spread there too. Hope your knee gets to feeling better soon :)

Karol said...

Looks like you had a wonderful feast. Sorry about the knee. Hope it heals quickly and you will be feeling better soon.