January 20 to February 14, 2014 NOMADS Project, Mercedes, MS

February 15 (Approximately) to June - Gate Guarding, TX or LA.

June, 2014 - Up to Alaska!

September - NOMADS Annual Meeting, Branson, MO



Monday, September 26, 2011

Coincidence or power of Internet

Upper Deerfield Twp, NJ

On Friday we got a call from Camping World Customer Service asking about our recent experience with Camping World in Bridgeport, NJ.    Was this a usual follow-up that is normally performed or do they monitor the Internet?  We don't know.

Companies do searches on the Internet to see if their name pops up.   A few years ago I mentioned the name of the daycare center my granddaughter attended at the time.  The school is a national chain with a good reputation.   The comment was only about an activity my granddaugther had attended and included a picture of her.  The next day the director of her school told my daughter he recognized the picture of Charlotte on my blog and realized it was his school that was being mentioned.  He had done a "Google" search of the schools name.

So, did Camping World do a search?  We don't know or care.   We only know that Customer Service said the situation would be looked into.  (Yea, like we really expect to hear anything further).  We don't want anyone to lose their job or be disciplined.  We do want the mechanic to realize we expected he would have done the research to assure the corrent filter was available and the correct oil would be used.   Having the wrong oil would have caused us costly problems with our engine.

We can understand his "assumption" on the oil to use but when informed his assumption was incorrect, we expected the situation to have been handled in a different manner.  

Hopefully this experience will be a lesson learned.  Both for the mechanic as well as for us.   I am thinking we have learned something - when in need of an oil change, do not use Camping World again.

6 comments:

Rick said...

I'm with you on Camping World. After reading your story about the oil change and especially the attitude, I'd never take anything in their for service. That mechanic obviously thought it was o.k. to treat customers shabbily. That has to come from a corporate attitude.

Chuck and Anneke's RV travels said...

Sounds like you got their attention:)

Donna K said...

However they found you I hope you gave them the straight scoop! Companies need to know of problems like this and maybe if enough people speak up, things will change. I still wouldn't use Camping World though!

JO said...

I wonder if they will send you a $5 gift card. I had a run in at Home Depot trying to buy something and of course not being able to find anyone. I complained (I now do this often someone needs to know customers are there bread and butter) So they sent me a $5 gift card. Yippee there store still has the worst customer service next to camping world that is.

Erik's RV Blog said...

Yes, Camping World does search for their name on the web. I blogged about an RV show from early this year and sure enough they complained with a comment.

I hope they do the right thing but that's not exactly what they are known for, but there is always a first!

Good luck,

Erik

KarenInTheWoods said...

I blogged once about my favorite sub shop (Erberts & Gerberts) and a gal emailed me and sent me a free sub certificate!

Just the other day I was getting some repairs done to a heater and mentioned how much we liked it and how I blogged about it, and they knocked the labor bill in half and the parts bill down to cost. THAT was nice!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Karen and Steve
(Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/