January 20 to February 14, 2014 NOMADS Project, Mercedes, MS

February 15 (Approximately) to June - Gate Guarding, TX or LA.

June, 2014 - Up to Alaska!

September - NOMADS Annual Meeting, Branson, MO

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The original girlfriend

First I welcome John and Terri Shea. Good to see you here.

As I said in an earlier blog, on Sunday Len got reacquainted with his very first girlfriend Diana and we met her husband Don. We went to their house on Tuesday for coffee and again on Wednesday for a great lunch of rice and gravy, pork and the best lima beans I've ever had. We thank Diana and her husband Don for their hospitality.

Here is Len surrounded by his last girlfriend, Me, on the left and his first, Diana, on the right.

This is Len with Diana and her husband Don Johnson.

This is Welsh United Methodist Church in Vinton, La. We have attended twice and will attend whenever in Vinton. We really like this church.

Right now it looks promising that we will be changing our domicile to South Dakota from Texas. Changing will save us $540 a year on my Medicare supplement; $781 a year on insurance on the fifthwheel and $426 a year on truck insurance. As of now we don't know the costs of the mail service, vehicle registrations and Len's health insurance. We are awaiting forms to arrive in the mail with info.

If we decide to change, we will head to South Dakota in mid May. I understand most of the changes can be done by telephone, mail or Internet. But we need to go there in person for drivers licenses. To be a resident you need only stay one night and have an acceptable address. The address of the mail service suffices. Of special note there is never any vehicle inspection on either the truck or fiver. Ongoing annual registrations can be done by mail.

Len will be making a pot of shrimp and okra gumbo tonight, Thursday. We are expecting daughter Cassie and grandchildren Hunter, Nathaniel and Clara for dinner.

At this time we are still up in the air on a temporary job for Len. There are a couple of possibilities but if nothing materializes by Friday we will plan to leave Louisiana next Wednesday when our campground rental is up. We both have hitch-itch.

1 comment:

Margie M. said...

Phyllis, I hope everything will work out in your favor with the move to SD. I guess it couldn't be any worse, could it?

Cute photo of the latest girlfriend and the first girlfriend. Ya'll look great!