This is the second day we woke to temperatures in the teens and no water. We first thought it was an internal problem but later found the water pipes here in the campground are close to the surface. Tonight for sure we will put some water in our potable holding tank. Thankfully Leonard always gets the coffee ready at night and puts it on a timer so we do have coffee in the morning. As the temps rise rapidly here in the desert, we should have water probably in another hour or so. It was 19 when we got up two hours ago and 28 now.
We have had quite a worry for the last week. Our dear granddaughter Charlotte, back in Maryland, started getting sick last Monday, along with her sister, Abby. The pediatrician diagnosed them with ear infections. By Wednesday Abby was fine. Charlotte, however, kept getting worse. By Thursday she could not walk as she was in such pain.
|Charlotte with little sister Abby|
Amy and Scott were in twice daily contact with the doctor, even over the Holiday weekend. On Monday Amy took Charlotte to get blood work. Yesterday Scott met with the doctor. He said they are awaiting the results of one test but everything looks like Lyme's disease. They were to bring Charlotte in today and if she was not improved she would be admitted to Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore. A spinal tap would be performed.
But - last night she had a very good night and today she is walking normally. She will not be admitted to the hospital. In fact, she wanted to go to "school" (daycare) to see her friends and play with the toys. She is now at daycare!
The doctor is treating her for Lyme's even though one test is not back. It appears to be working. We know she has a way to go but we are so thankful for each improvement.
We had many friends praying for Charlotte's recovery. Prayers work!