January 20 to February 14, 2014 NOMADS Project, Mercedes, MS

February 15 (Approximately) to June - Gate Guarding, TX or LA.

June, 2014 - Up to Alaska!

September - NOMADS Annual Meeting, Branson, MO



Sunday, April 22, 2012

Forget those letters!

Oakley,   KS

Good morning.     Let's just forget about blogging about the letter "Q" .  And while we are at it, "X" too.   I've got nothing!

What I do have is MOTHS.   We noticed when we got here there were lots of large moths flying near the ground.    Our first night we had a few in the rig.   As we had the outside light on we figured they must have come in when we closed the outside door for the night.

So the 2nd night we closed up well before dark.  Had even more moths.

Last night we killed at least 25.   Can not figure how they are getting in.   I found the easiest way to get these pests is suck them up with the vacuum hose.

Not just at night either.  As I was writing this, Len sucked up three more.  Every night there is an increase on the amount we get.   I dread tonight.     Last night I had a hard time sleeping.  As soon as I laid down another would flit around the room waiting to be sucked into oblivion.

After church I am going over to the office area to do our laundry.  I will ask the owner, "What's up??"

8 comments:

Travels with Emma said...

It's probably because you are getting close to "moth-ers" day! :)

Texas Yellow Rose said...

Phyllis, you want me to sneak over and relocate a couple of squirrels in Judy's camp for that remark? ;)

Maybe they are getting in through some openings in the bottom of the rig? That's how our mouse got in. Got any windows open? I hate to think they are hatching inside and flying around . . . oh, sorry! Hope they go away quickly!

Kenny And Angela's Adventure said...

Sorry but that was a good one from Judy..

owensontheroad said...

Lol @ Judy. I dread all the little black flies we had last fall. Not sure about the moths? Hopefully you will get them out of the rig.

Texas Yellow Rose said...

Yes, I agree; Judy's "moth-ers" day comment made me giggle. What I said was all in good fun. :)

Sam&Donna Weibel said...

Maybe Al from bayfield will use Judys remark in his groaners corner.
No Q??? How about Quiet in campgrounds? or Quixotic..how fast you plans can change? Quazimoto.(sp.?)..the reason to stand up strait as we get older so we dont look like him.
Donna

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

We got terrible moths when we were in New Orleans and didn't get rid of them for over a year! They were in our basement laying eggs. We would take something out and see dead moths but eggs all over the place. We still find them once in a while...YUCK! Hope you can get to the bottom of this problem!

Happytrails said...

There is no way I can make a comment after Judy's!! How do you follow that one???
Good luck on getting rid of your moths!! Sounds yucky!!